Scam’s on the Increase!
Scam’s and Scammers
Due to the rise in scam’s and unfortunately the rise in people who fall victim to these scam’s.
To the right is an example of one of the scams doing the rounds.
Things to consider when deciding if something is a scam or not, as well as points of fact to consider;
- Scams relating to your arrest – be it from ATO, Australia Border Force, AFP etc, WOULD NOT AND WILL NOT notify you via a automated phone call. If you really are concerned – hang up and ring the relevant authority however, you will find the answer the same in every instance. Therefore, just block these numbers and ignore. You do not need to continue listening and pressing numbers just incase you really are wanted. Hang up.
- Scams relating to delivery of packages. Once you click on the link you have been compromised. These scams are phishing for information be it through interaction with you or via software that is installed on your machine or activated in your browser once you click on the link. The software could be something simple like a key logger – which will send the perpetrators every key stroke you press on your computer including your passwords etc. If you really had a parcel coming 9 out of 10 occasions you would know that you had purchased something or someone was sending you something. If you look at a text message like the one in this post – you can see it makes not sense – if you cant make heads or tails of the message – ignore it. If you genuinely have a parcel for delivery, the chances are you will have been in contact via email at a minimum with the shipper, including information such as shippers information, Receivers information, transit information, delivery dates etc.
- There is no legal company, law enforcement, bank, tax department or the like that will ask you to pay your fine or refund in ITunes cards or any other rewards card system. Do not buy ITunes cards. NEVER go to a bank or transfer money on demand of someone over the telephone that you have never dealt with and if you are concerned. Take their details, take down the company name, hang up and ring the company directly to clarify.
- If you are unsure, by all means forward your concerns or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
DPG | Putting an end to Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence, a current situation that seems to be out of control. Domestic Violence is perpetrated by Men, Women.
Domestic Violence is manifested in many forms; Physical, Emotional, Financial.
Domestic Violence is not simply an argument between family members gone wrong. This is premeditated control by one party in the altercation.
DPG Provides in the first instance > FIRST RESPONDER & RAPID RESPONSE to domestic violence incidents. The incident DOES NOT have had to have already occurred. We are Risk & Threat Management Agents above the Security Enforcement.
If you are concerned, you feel threatened, you have a bad feeling, someone has called you threatening you, you are in fear for your family – Contact DPG RAPID RESPONSE & THREAT MANAGEMENT UNIT for a discreet discussion.
This service is for females, males & children.
This service is also available to people who believe they are being falsely accused of Domestic Violence for the purpose of custody or family court matters. If you would like protection during parental handovers or children drop off’s – Please contact DPG – We are here for the family, for the sanctity and safety that family is meant to bring and for the safety of Mum, Dad and the children subjected to these abhorrent behaviours.
Security Enforcement is provided based on the situation – overt & covert – giving you peace of mind.
OR FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU CAN’T CALL POLICE, THEN;
SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTRE
DIAL: 1300 308 646
– SECURITY ENFORCEMENT REQUIRED
– DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN PROGRESS
– YOU FEEL THREATENED RIGHT NOW
– YOU DON’T FEEL SAFE TRAVELLING
YOU ARE NOT ALONE – CONTACT DPG NOW!